Sunday, June 29, 2008

Trying to sport the Maxi in Southern heat

So part of being a designer is wearing clothing that might be considered "of the moment", or at least elements that look updated... One of such emerging trends is called the Maxi Dress.  Simply put, the maxi is any dress that is long enough to reach the ankles of the wearer.  

I have one such dress. It's black and made of 100% Linen.  I love the concept, but something gets lost in the translation.  The look one goes for when sporting this garment is laid back elegance.  After hours of wearing one, I am not laid back, nor elegant.

First, it's hot, and a long anything is not the first thing people around here reach for to cover themselves up.  Second, the dress has a surplice bodice, which means the neckline is relatively... exposed.  I have to wear an uber-fashionable scarf for cover, which brings us back to the first point.  

Time to tend to the pups, and yes, I will be walking them while wearing this ensemble. What my neighbors must think!! Miss all...

No comments: