Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tales from the Tangled City

I must begin this entry with a thought on my gratitude for the iPod car adapter.  Being able to listen to Elvis or The Cars on a whim, is the best thing EVER!  And damn if my new little ride doesn't have some base.

After talking to my sister for more than an hour last night and my mum for about 1/2 of that, I was already in a good mood this morning.  I love hearing their voices.  I called my aunt this morning, too, as it was her birthday.  While going through pictures the other day with Tony, I pulled out a few I wanted to make copies of.  One of them was of her holding me, I would say... 32 years ago.  I was just a little tyke - probably couldn't even walk yet.  And she was younger than I am now.  Thought about that for a good part of the morning.

After work, I was able to join 6 co-workers for a meal at Cantina, off of East Rd. Nice place, fabulous food, beautiful outdoor covered seating... It was the first time I felt like I actually lived here.  One of them, Venita, is this hilarious, observant, gorgeous young woman of around 28.  She and I have become fast friends, and we're meeting her out tomorrow night, too.

I spent a good hour at work this afternoon, creating an itinerary for Hiedi's visit.  It includes a walk with the dogs at Freedom Park, a pedicure, a trip to the gym, a few lovely restaurant trips (if we can budget it), and a day-long hike in the breathtaking Carolina hills.  Forecast is looking sunny with some cloud cover.  Perfect!  Will update the post to tell our tales of adventure and silliness at the end of the weekend.  Have a good one, y'all!

PS. My legs and bum HURT!!!

No comments: