Sunday, May 18, 2008

Myers Park is not actually a park

... So we discovered this morning as the dogs and I set forth on a wee adventure.  I did take the camera in anticipation of taking pictures, but since buying the iPod tunes car adapter, I was handling too much technology at that point.  Couldn't handle it quite yet.

After winding our way around the Myers Park school area, we found a sweet residential side street (reminded me of the blocks off of the Minnehaha Parkway), and we got out and walked.  This, apparently, was where they were hiding the squirrels.  Cagney, of course, went nuts, but after some "redirecting", both dogs were fine and just took to sniffing everything they could.

Getting to the area was a good thing.  I'm becoming more acquainted with certain large streets, like Tryon, South, Billy Graham, Selwyn (niiiice).  Next adventure out might be to the only Trader Joe's in town on Rae Rd.  Oooowwweee what fun!

OK - so I signed p on this online Meet-Up site to meet people - three groups: one general going out group, one professional women of color group (they graciously let any woman join), and one bellydancing group.

After a two-hour cameo at one of my co-workers VH1 "Grind"-like party yesterday, I'm hoping to meet some people who are a little more... old.  hee hee

cheers,
me

No comments: